Welcome to Year 6 NB Class page. Please explore this page to find out information about our class, our learning, our Blog and learning log.
Teacher: Miss N. Blackman
Teaching Assistant: Mrs B. Williams
PE Days: Tuesday afternoon each week.
Your child will require shorts, t-shirt and trainers. We will be carrying out PE lessons outside whenever possible. A note is required if your child is unable to take part. This is an essential part of the national curriculum; your support is much appreciated to ensure kit is in school when needed.
Our Learning this term is: Climate change and Plants for Life
The following is a list of some of the activities that pupils will take part in during the Summer Term 2018.
- Science – Plants for life- identifying parts of plants and flowering plants, including pollination, germination, seed dispersal.
- English- Non-chronological report writing. Pupils will be exploring non-chronological reports, plan and rehearse as well as writing their own based on a topic of choice. In addition, pupils will have ongoing handwriting, spelling, guided reading, shared reading and shared writing.
- Our Geography and ICT Big Question will be based on ‘How do our actions affect climate change and earth?’, this will consist of pupils reading and researching cause and effect, the difference between weather and climate, completing spreadsheets of data and writing a discussion text.
- Our music study will consist of performing skills using chosen instruments. This term we continue to be fortunate enough for the pupils to be taught these skills by a specialist music teacher.
- In Welsh pupils will focus on giving opinions with reasons and pupils will have the chance to write a script. This is ongoing to the daily ‘drillio’ and ‘amser iath’ sessions.
Homework – your child will have homework weekly. It will be given out on Friday and should be handed in on Wednesday the following week. It will consist of a learning log based on the previous week’s work, a spelling list. Please could you spend time to help your child learn their spellings as they will be practising them with their ‘spelling buddies’ on the following Wednesday. Please ensure learning log is in on time so that work can be marked and returned to your child in time for Friday.