Welcome to Year 3 and 4’s class page. Please explore this page to find out information about our class, our learning, our blog and learning log.
Teacher: Miss E. Down Teaching Assistant: Mrs M. Preston
The following is a list of some of the activities that pupils will take part in this term.
- Science – The study of forces.
- English- Our focus this term will writing a short story, Discussion text and also a character/ setting description, This is in addition to ongoing: handwriting, spelling, guided reading, shared reading and shared writing.
- History – World War 2.
- Geography – We will focus on mapping skills such as co-ordinates, signs and symbols and also compass directions.
- In art we will be investigating the work of Stella Dunkley – Blitz Silhouettes.
- Our computer work will include acquiring spreadsheet and word processing skills, looking at different graphics (using iPads) and writing, sending and receiving emails.
- In music we will be focussing on Composition & Performance.
- In Welsh pupils will learn to discuss feelings in Welsh.
- E. – will be on WEDNESDAY and your child will require shorts/joggers, T-shirt and trainers. A note is required if your child is unable to take part. This is a vital part of the national curriculum; your support is much appreciated to ensure kit is in school when needed.
Homework – your child will have homework weekly. It will be given out on Friday and should be handed in on Wednesday the following week. It will consist of a learning log based on the previous week’s work. Please ensure learning log is in on time so that work can be marked and returned to your child in time for Friday. We would like your child to complete at least one Literacy (English) or Numeracy (Maths) activity as part of their learning log.
Within our weekly learning log there will also be a list of 10 spelling words that children must learn. There will be a weekly spelling test every Wednesday.
PPA – Every week all teachers are entitled to 1/2 day out of class for preparation, planning and assessment. This will be on a Friday afternoon. During this time pupils will receive 1 hour of RE with Mrs Gibson and 1 hour of Music a week. Attached to the local authority are experienced music teachers who will be coming in to teach the junior classes. If you’d like any more information regarding this please don’t hesitate to ask.
Fruit Money – In the juniors pupils are responsible for paying for their own fruit at break times. If your child wishes to have fruit please can you send their weekly fruit money into school on a Monday in a sealed envelope and I will keep this safe for pupils.
If you have any worries or concern please come and see me and we can address and solve these issues together quickly and successfully.
Many Thanks, Miss E Down and Mrs M Preston J