Welcome to the Rainbow Junior Room’s class page. Please explore this page to find out information about our class, our learning, our Blog and learning log.
Teacher: Mrs E. Trollope
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Brown
PE Days: PE will now take place on a Thursday afternoon each week. It will consist of rounders and athletics. Your child will require shorts, t-shirt and trainers, as we will be outside whenever possible. A note is required if your child is unable to take part. This is an essential part of the national curriculum; your support is much appreciated to ensure kit is in school when needed.
Our Learning this term :
This term’s overall theme is ‘Lights, Camera, Action!’, with a focus on play scripts and elements of a production.
- Science – Water Life – a study based on plants and animals found in two contrasting environments, with a focus on food chains and how humans can damage these environments.
- English- We will continue to use the animation of ‘Peter & the Wolf’ to write a story, and will also write an explanation text. Pupils will also read and perform play scripts. This in addition to ongoing: handwriting, spelling, guided reading, shared reading and shared writing.
- We will continue our Geography & ICT Big Questions based on ‘How does Wales compare to Lesotho in Africa?’ and will be based on using geographical skills to compare the two countries and using word processing and database skills to display our comparisons.
- Our English, Drama, Art & DT Big Question will be based on ‘What is needed for a successful production?’, this will consist of pupils reading and performing playscripts, calculating production costs and creating props for our Leavers’ concert.
- Our music study will consist of performing skills using ukuleles as the chosen instrument. This term we continue to be fortunate enough for the pupils to be taught these skills by a specialist music teacher
Learning Logs will be given out on Friday and are due back on a Wednesday . It will consist of a learning log based on the previous week’s work and a spelling list. Please could you spend time to help your child learn their spellings as they will be practising them on the following Monday. Please ensure your child’s learning log is in on time so that work can be marked and returned to your child in time for Friday.