Teacher: Miss H. Newman
Teaching Assistants: Mrs A Hook, Miss M Isaac, Miss E Morris
Snack money– £1.50 per week
P.E.- We have P.E. every Friday. Please ensure your child wears appropriate kit to school on this day.
Welly Wednesdays- Every Wednesday we will be getting muddy (and maybe a little wet) so please pack an extra pair of clothes.
Our Learning theme this term is: ‘Out and About’
This term we will be spending lots of time outdoors. We will be hunting for bugs under stones and looking for birds high in the trees. We will be reading stories such as ‘The Ugly Bug’ and ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’. Additionally, in Mathematical development we will be focussing on repeating patterns and the use of money through play.
Family Phonics at home: Children will be given a phonics or number pack to take home for the weekend. Each pack contains a worksheet for you to complete with your child, letter or number formation and a reading book. We will alternate the sound and number packs given to each child every week. Please return these by the following Wednesday.
Useful information: Children love stories and you can support your child’s learning by reading together; talk about what’s happening in the pictures; ask questions (What do they like/dislike about the story? Who is their favourite character? What character would they like to be?)
The children will continue to learn lots of songs and rhymes which will help develop both maths and literacy skills as well as speech and vocabulary. Please continue to encourage them to sing or recite to you at home as much as possible this is something that they love doing at school.
We have a class friend- Buddy. The children take turns to look after them and get really excited when it is their turn to take them home. Please feel free to write in the book that accompanies them, draw pictures with your child, or stick in photos.
Just a reminder… (most of you know this already!)
- Morning Nursery starts at 8:50am and finishes at 11:15am. Please bring your child into Nursery through the yard (gates are closed at 9am) and collect them from the main front entrance.
- Afternoon Nursery starts at 12:45pm and finishes at 3:10pm. Please bring your children to the front of the school where we will collect the children from you and pick up will be from the Nursery yard (gates are not open until 3pm).
- Could you please ensure that anyone who will be collecting them is named on the pink form.
- If your child is late or has a medical appointment, please report to the office and a member of Nursery staff will come to meet them.
- If your child is ill or unable to attend school for any other reason, please could you inform the office.
- Please write your name on your child’s clothes/bags.
As always, we believe it is very important to involve you in your child’s learning and look forward to continue working with you to help your child enjoy their Nursery experience. If you have any questions or concerns, or if there is anything we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to ask.
In Nursery, we absolutely love getting messy with paint, pens and mud. This helps us to develop lots of skills so our uniform might get a little bit dirty.